I recently turned 28yrs old this past Saturday. I had a very love filled day. I was reminscing on some lessons I’ve learned or have been told from people I care about.
I don’t know everything but I thought I’d share some of the wisdom I’ve learned from many other and from personal experience.
You can learn from some of these or just ignore these 28 life lessons:
- God is real. God is love. God loves you. It is not about religion; it is about having a relationship with him.
- Marriage is hard. You have to continue to dating your spouse everyday. Some days you’ll fight and some days you’ll laugh endlessly… love your spouse. You have to continually date your spouse.
- Love your body. It is amazing and perfect the way it was made. Give yourself grace and show yourself love. Maybe some self care will help you love your body the way it deserves. Take care of your mind, body, and soul.
- Jiujitsu is for everyone. You can try it for self defense, weight loss, and many other reasons but it is for everyone. Also don’t be a moron and just tap. You don’t want to be put to sleep or hurt because you didn’t tap.
- You can not please everyone. Trust me. You can have the perfect pizza and somebody will say it needs pineapple on it. You can say the iphone is better than samsung and someone wont be pleased. Get the picture ? You can not please everyone.
- Pick your friends wisely. Surround yourself with friends that will help you grow and push you to your full potential. Surround yourself with people who ar driven, ambitious, and on a fruitful path in life. You are who you surround yourself with.
- Only compete with yourself. Focus on your growth. Your life. Your goals. Your mindset. Don’t worry about Jane and her ______________(fill in the blank). You are not on the same path as Jane babe. You do you and run your race at your pace.
- Laundry is a never ending cycle. Plain and simple. I actually have laundry that’s needs to be washed & folded as you’re reading this. You should probably get started on yours also.
- Parenting advice. Don’t listen to anyone other than your spouse. It is your child. Raise them however you’d like. Raise your kids to be kind, loving, friendly humans.
- Do not go to bed angry. You won’t sleep peacefully and you’ll wake up in a sour mood. Plus it’ll ruin your day. Let it go.
- Give but don’t allow yourself to be used. Give to those relationships that in return give back to you. I don’t mean materialistic things either. I mean give love, grace, time, and etc to those who reciprocate this to you. You will wear yourself out by pouring into other people who don’t pour into your cup.
- Cut your hair. It’ll grow back I promise. And if you don’t like it just get extensions.
- Social detox. Yes take a break from social media. Life is going on all around you. We get caught up scrolling mindlessly on Facebook and Instagram that we forget to seize the day. I’m guilty of this.
- Do the uncomfortable. The uncomfortable things help us grow. Get out of your confort zone and try new things. You’d be surprised at what you are capable of.
- Pray. Because in those moments that you feel hopeless or lost God hears your cries & hearts desires.
- Self care is a must. You can not take care of others if you are not taking care of yourself. Put yourself and your needs first. You need to put yourself as a priority.
- Family. Keep in touch with them, visit them, FaceTime them… they have been there for you since the day you were born. I’m telling you family is everything. Family is not just by blood but friends also.
- Being a stay at home or working mom is not easy. Being a mom is not easy. BUT being a mom is so rewarding. That goes for dog and cat moms as well.
- Pumpkin spice is over rated. Yes I said it. Peppermint flavored coffee is the absolute best.
- Get yourself an instant pot. It will help your cooking get done with ease.
- Visit New Orleans. It is full of life, Mardi Gras, crawfish, beignets, second lines, and most importantly the New Orleans Saints. Who Dat ⚜️
- When people show you their true colors believe them. Don’t give them more oppurtunites to hurt you or ruin you.
- Learn to say NO. Don’t overload yourself with more than you can handle. It is perfectly fine to say NO. You can not do everything so saying no will help you stay sane. Saying no is setting boundaries for others to learn.
- Support each other. There is enough room for us to all succeed and it’s time for us to support and build each other up. Support your friend or familys business, etsy shop, blog, photography. Show your support it means the world to us.
- There is always 3 side to the story: your side, their side, and the TRUTH. Don’t get caught up in the drama.
- People make time for the people they want to make time for. This is just a fact. And you know who those people are in your life.
- Everyone has a love language. Knowing yours will help you understand what you need from yourself, your spouse/significant other, and etc.
- Birthdays should always be celebrated with cake and with those you love.
Can’t wait to see what this year holds in store for me and what else I wil learn. What are some important lessons you’ve learned in life ? Let me know that way I can apply them in my daily life.